Second Chance


Here is my second chance in Sweden. I would try my best to accomplish my goal this time after I failed last year-I couldn’t find a job. My family had spent so much money for me in these last few years. It needs to pay off!


Day 1:
Arrived Stockholm around 7.00 a.m. I went to KTH to pick up a key and for introduction. After that, I went to the apartment in the afternoon and checked up the room. It wasn’t really ready. Some lights and electricity didn’t work properly and the apartment was empty. I couldn’t cook anything to eat. Nothing was ready. I had some sandwiches and milk for dinner.


Day 2:
My Thai friends and I went to IKEA to buy a lot of stuff. The lights in the bathroom still didn’t work. The fridge, microwave and stove didn’t work as well. I reported it already.

Day 3:
First day of the pre-sessional English course. It was okay. I met new people… I went to IKEA to buy more stuff. The electricity in the room got fixed. I went to Skatteverket to change my surname (the spelling) and address.

Day 4:
Started with the English class. Then, we had a city tour around Gamla Stan and Riddarholmen. These are my new Italian friends-Giuliana and Margherita, the Mozzi sisters. I didn’t believe them in the beginning that they are twins LOL. Again, I went to IKEA-3 days in a row…

Day 5:
English class, then pub crawl. Basically, we just went to different bars and hung out for a while. We met some nice Swiss friends :) No IKEA today. YAY!

Day 6:
English class and the city tour around Östermalm. We actually had a very long walk from there. It was like 2 hours. I went to IKEA again…

Day 7:
The English class was short. We had a 2-minute pitching, so it was around 10 minutes including feedback from the teacher. Then, we were done for the week. I also went to IKEA…5 times in 7 days. I didn’t enjoy going there but it was like there was always something missing. In the late afternoon, we played a Swedish game called “Rounders”. It was a bat-and-ball game. We hit a ball with a bat and we run to different spots in the field to collect points. It was fun and tiring. I hadn’t sprinted for a long while.

After the game, we went to our new Swiss friends’ place for the birthday party-Cyril turned 23 (the second guy in red shirt from left)! There were so many talking and eating, many languages and it was very good :D


So, that was the first week. It just happened really fast. I hadn’t had a full rest after the long flight from last week, but I think doing many things and keeping busy can actually help me dealing with jet-lag. My body was just adapting to the Swedish time and soon would get used to it.

See you later,

Share your thoughts

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.